In these hours, the Taiwanese company unveils its cards and throws a gauntlet to Qualcomm with the new high-end processors MediaTek 1200 and 1100 5G.
Here is the challenge to Qualcomm processors:
Starting from the first, MediaTek Dimensity 1200 5G is the real competitor of Qualcomm Snapdragon 888.
- Based on a 6 nm production process (and not 5 nm like the Snapdragon 888), the new SoC from MediaTek is an octa-core characterized by a Cortex-A78 core clocked at 3 GHz and is flanked by three other Cortex-A78 cores and four lower clocked Cortex-A55 cores for simpler tasks and to modulate battery consumption. Next to the SoCs there is the Mali-G77 GPU and the MediaTek APU 3.0 core for AI management.
- Coming instead to MediaTek Dimensity 1100 5G, the SoC looks like a less pushed version of its brother Dimensity 1200 5G. In fact, in this case there are four Cortex-A78 cores clocked at 2.6 GHz and four Cortex-A55 cores, while the GPU is the Mali-G77.
- From the point of view of other technical characteristics, both SoCs should offer excellent performance in the gaming field, with the Dimensity 1200 able to manage panels with a refresh rate of 168 Hz which then drops to 144 Hz for the Dimensity 1100 5G model.
- The Image Processor (ISP) of the Dimensity 1200 5G SoC supports sensors up to 200MP with Dimensity 1100 5G up to 108MP, but both have a 20% boost for low-light photo shooting.
- Obviously there is support for 5G connectivity, even in dual SIM mode, as well as support for Bluetooth 5.2.
An interesting 2021 on the smartphone side is expected, many innovations at stake and above all a lot of competition, excellent for consumers and also for progress.
Could it be a good year for Mediatek? Let me know in the comment
Also remember to join my telegram group, and to try BatteryGuru on the PlayStore, the real app that saves you battery!