Pure mode is essentially a software-based feature that helps you to secure your smartphones from junk files, viruses, and malware. The pure mode will scan all the files such as folders, APKs, applications on your Xiaomi models and can inform you as soon found any kind of junk file or malware. The mode is quite similar to what we get in on Chinese ColorOS devices from Oppo, Realme, and OnePlus named “Security Check”.
However, there is one major difference between both of them is, Security Check performs the scan after your install an app, while Pure mode in MIUI first scans the apk files and then allows the user to install the application.
If it is found any kind of junk, viruses, or malware, it will warn you. Now, it is up to users whether he wants to download the App and other files or not.
The “Pure Mode” is divided into four levels of security checks which are given below.
- Virus detection; scans for a virus or trojan to provide system-based security.
- Privacy detection; detects if any kind of privacy loophole is there or not.
- Compatibility detection; to provide the best user experience, it detects if an application is compatible with the system or not.
- Manual review: Application scanned through Secure Mode is manually reviewed by MIUI devs.
If you’ve got the MIUI 13 update on your smartphone, but wondering from where you’ll enable or disable this? So, We are providing the step by step guide on how to enable/disable the Secure Mode.
- Go to App install of MIUI
- Click on three dots present in the upper right-hand corner of the device
- Now from there, click on Settings >> Secure Mode
- Now tap on “Turn on now” and this can finally enable Secure mode in your Xiaomi smartphone
Read More List of Xiaomi devices that will get the Android 12 based MIUI 13 update soon