It is a device that has a design reminiscent of its predecessor (launched in 2020) and an "updated" technical data sheet, powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor (in 4G version), so much so that it is probably the most foldable model of Huawei. interesting among those launched by the company to date.
Huawei Mate Xs 2 will also be marketed in a special version, called Collector’s Edition, which will be able to count on 12 GB of RAM and 512 GB of storage memory.
These are the main features of Huawei's new foldable smartphone:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 4G processor with Adreno 660 GPU
- 6.5-inch OLED display with resolution (2,480 x 1,176 pixels) and 120 Hz refresh rate when closed
- 7.8-inch OLED display with resolution (2,480 x 2,200 pixels) and 120 Hz refresh rate when open
- 8 GB or 12 GB of RAM
- 256GB or 512GB of storage memory
- 10.7 megapixel front camera (f / 2.2)
- Triple rear camera, with 50 megapixel primary sensor (f / 1.8), 13 megapixel ultra wide angle sensor (f / 2.2) and 8 megapixel telephoto lens (f2.4)
- Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, GPS / AGPS / GLONASS / Beidou / GALILEO / QZSS / NavIC
- USB Type-C 3.1 port
- 4,600 mAh or 4,880 mAh battery (Collector's Edition) with support for fast charging at 66 W
- HarmonyOS 2
- Dimensions when open (156.5 x 139.3 x 5.4 mm) and when closed (156.5 x 75.5 x 11.1 mm)
- Weight: 255 grams
Price and availability:
At the moment Huawei Mate Xs 2 is only available in China at a starting price of 9,999 yuan (equal to the exchange rate of about 1,435 euros). There is no information on a possible marketing of the smartphone in Europe but we hope to soon have details about it from Huawei.
Written by Matteo with love from Italy