This Android smartphone, of which everything was already known in broad terms (even that it will have a twin destined for the Indian market), is equipped with a particular MediaTek SoC, offers various memory configurations (up to the most thrust 12 + 512 GB) and supports fast charging at 150 W.
The new OnePlus Ace, recently presented in China, has many interesting features and wants to wink at gamers, thanks to some tricks. The SoC is MediaTek's Dimensity 8100-Max, a particular customized edition of the Dimensity 8100, which combines the HyperBoost game frame stabilization engine, artificial intelligence and features optimized for capturing video, especially at night.
There is no shortage of heat dissipation systems to keep temperatures at bay and always guarantee maximum performance: in addition to a dissipation area equal to 35198.2 mm2, we find a vapor chamber and the first cooling system at the world in super-crystalline graphite.
OnePlus Ace, which closely resembles the Realme GT Neo3 cousin, is equipped with a large 6.7-inch AMOLED display with Full HD + resolution, 120 Hz refresh rate and 1000 Hz touch sampling rate; it is also the first smartphone of the Chinese manufacturer to be equipped with a front camera, contained within a circular hole, positioned in the center and not hidden in the left corner, as well as being one of the few smartphones of the Chinese brand to be without the comfortable and iconic alert slider.
Both front and rear, it has flat surfaces made of glass (the frame, on the other hand, is made of plastic), with a particular “cascade” processing in the rear body or, at least, in the left half of it. Also at the rear, at the top left is the rectangular plate that houses the photographic compartment, with the three sensors placed so as to occupy the three vertices of a triangle. Finally, the location of the OnePlus logo is unusual, not centered as usual but hidden in the lower right part of the body.
The photographic sector is equipped, as anticipated, with three sensors: the main one, the 50 megapixel Sony IMX766 with optical stabilization, is flanked by an 8 megapixel ultra-wide angle sensor and a 2 megapixel macro sensor. The front camera, on the other hand, is 16 megapixel.
The package is completed by a very complete connectivity compartment and a 4500 mAh battery with support for fast charging via cable 150W SuperVOOC by OPPO. The software is ColorOS 12.1 based on Android 12 (the “twin” OnePlus 10R should arrive with the OxygenOS 12).
- Dimensions: 163.3 x 75.5 x 8.2mm
- Weight: 186 g
- Display: 6.7 "FHD + AMOLED (1080 x 2412 pixels):
- Refresh rate: 120 Hz
- Touch sampling: 1000 Hz
- Peak brightness: 950 nits
- AOD (always-on display) support
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- SoC: MediaTek Dimensity 8100-Max (5 nm, octa-core @ 2.85 GHz) with Mali-G510 MC6 GPU
- RAM memory: 8 or 12 GB (LPDDR5)
- Storage space: 128, 256 or 512 GB (UFS 3.1)
- Front camera: 16 MP (f / 2.4)
- Triple rear camera with LED flash:
- 50 MP (f / 1.88) main sensor with OIS and PDAF
- 8MP (f / 2.2) ultra-wide angle sensor with 119 ° viewing angle
- 2MP macro sensor (f / 2.4)
- Audio: stereo speaker, Dolby Atmos, no 3.5mm audio jack
- Fingerprint reader under the display
- Mobile network: Dual SIM, 5G (SA / NSA), Dual 4G VoLTE
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 6 (802.11 ax), Bluetooth 5.2 LE, USB Type-C (2.0), GPS, NFC
- Battery: 4500mAh with 150W wired fast charging (150W SuperVOOC)
- Operating system: ColorOS 12.1 based on Android 12
OnePlus Ace pricing and availability:
The new OnePlus Ace arrives in the two Back to Blue and Voice Chat Black colors and in four memory configurations, up to 12 + 512 GB, offered at the following prices:
- 8 + 128 GB configuration for the price of 2499 yuan (about € 356 at the exchange rate)
- 8 + 256 GB configuration for the price of 2699 yuan (about € 385 at the exchange rate)
- 12 + 256 GB configuration for the price of 2999 yuan (about 427 € at the exchange rate)
- 12 + 512 GB configuration for the price of 3499 yuan (about 499 € at the exchange rate)
Written by Matteo with love from Italy