Additionally, the devices include ultra linear twin stereo speakers that enable 48 ms low latency, 96 kHz lossless music, and Snapdragon sound. The battery pack and charge rates are one of the features that set the two versions apart. A 50 megapixel main sensor, an 8 megapixel ultra wide angle lens, and a megapixel macro sensor make up the triple camera arrangement on the back of the two phones. An under-display 16 megapixel selfie camera is located on the front.
The Red Magic 8 Pro's big 6,000mAh battery pack supports 80W rapid charging and, according to the manufacturer, can provide a substantial 47 hours of battery life. The Red Magic 8 Pro+ model, on the other hand, has a smaller 5,000mAh battery but a 165W fast charger that more than doubles its charging speed. According to the manufacturer, the 8 Pro+ model can charge from 0% to 100% in just 14 minutes. Red Magic OS 6.0 custom skin, which is based on Android 13 OS, will come loaded on the new flagship phones.
The Red Magic 8 Pro and 8 Pro+ are available in the following configurations:
- Red Magic 8 Pro:
- 8GB RAM + 128GB storage - 3,999 Yuan (~$575)
- 8GB RAM + 256GB storage - 4,399 Yuan (~$632)
- 12GB RAM + 256GB storage - 4,799 Yuan (~$689)
- Deuterium Transparent Edition (12GB RAM + 256GB storage) - 4,999 Yuan (~$718)
- Red Magic 8 Pro+:
- 16GB RAM + 512GB storage - 5,799 Yuan (~$833)
- Deuterium Transparent Edition (12GB RAM + 256GB storage) - 5,399 Yuan (~$775)
- Deuterium Transparent Edition (16GB RAM + 512GB storage) - 5,999 Yuan (~$862)
- Deuterium Transparent Edition (16GB RAM + 1TB storage) - 6,999 Yuan (~$1,005)
The devices will be available for pre-order starting on December 28, 2022 and will go on sale in China on the same day.