As you know, such Android OS updates are provided by both Google and Google Play Store and Google Play Services. These are not updates reserved only for a specific product category, but available for various types of devices, such as phones, tablets, Android TV and Google TV devices, as well as vehicles with Android Auto, wearables with Wear OS and computers and tablets with ChromeOS.
Here is the complete list of fixes, improvements and other news, as illustrated directly by Big G:
- [Phone] Allow supervised users that do not have time limit features enabled to make changes to the device clock.
- [Phone] Bug fixes for Account Management, and System Management & Diagnostics related services.
- New Features to help you discover the Apps & Games you love.
- Optimizations allowing faster and more reliable download and installation.
- Continuous improvements to Play Protect to keep your device safe.
- Various performance optimizations, bug fixes and improvements to security, stability and accessibility.
- [Phone] New formats for search results.
- [Phone] Help users to resolve app crashes with new update prompts.
- [Phone] Updates to game cluster views on Play for Chromebooks.
- [Phone] Update to Kids menu format on large screen devices.
- [Phone] Allow automatic updates over limited mobile data of Google Play apps for users who do not have regular access to WIFI.
- [Phone] Updated user education experience for new Android features.
- [Phone] Allows merchants to create the GPay button dynamically to customize it.
- [Phone] API update to allow deep links to additional Google Wallet screens.
- [Phone] Improvements to SMART Health Card support within Wallet.
- [Phone] Wallet users can selectively exclude loyalty cards imported from Gmail.
- [Phone] Expand FeliCa payment support to all FeliCa-capable devices in Japan.
- [Phone] Verification notification for users completing an Online transaction with GPay button.
- [Phone] Restrict Passes to a single device or user.
- [Phone] Major improvements that impact the functionality of digital car key.
Google system updates are automatically installed on all affected products by default. Each user can change their preferences by entering:
- Settings and then Google.
- More and then System Service Updates.
Written by Matteo with love from Italy